Soundbar with HDMI in and Out

ybinahmadfuz

Novice Member
Reaction score
my TV does not have HDMI ARC. does not have Optical either.

PlayStation 4 -> HDMI -> Soundbar with HDMI Input/s and Output -> HDMI ->TV

will this setup work ?

some soundbars such as the X8500 have both hdmi in and hdmi out port. but does not have AUX. can this soundbar work for my TV ?

It might do. The only way to find out is to try.

my TV does not have HDMI ARC. does not have Optical either.

PlayStation 4 -> HDMI -> Soundbar with HDMI Input/s and Output -> HDMI ->TV

will this setup work ?

some soundbars such as the X8500 have both hdmi in and hdmi out port. but does not have AUX. can this soundbar work for my TV ?
It "will" work for the PS4 sound to get straight to the soundbar and for the soundbar to passthrough video to the TV. That video is always sent to a TV HDMI input - the ARC or e-ARC refers to the reverse direction audio which you don't need to get audio and video out of your PS4.

Without an audio connection from TV to soundbar though ARC, eARC, optical, digital coax or even analogue stereo AUX, you will not be able to hear any audio that comes from the TV from the soundbar. Great if all you want to do is hear and watch the PS4 with decent sound from the soundbar of course.

What audio out connections does the TV have? No optical/digital coax seems strange in particular. Of course if the soundbar has no "equivalent" audio input the point is moot.

It "will" work for the PS4 sound to get straight to the soundbar and for the soundbar to passthrough video to the TV. That video is always sent to a TV HDMI input - the ARC or e-ARC refers to the reverse direction audio which you don't need to get audio and video out of your PS4.

Without an audio connection from TV to soundbar though ARC, eARC, optical, digital coax or even analogue stereo AUX, you will not be able to hear any audio that comes from the TV from the soundbar. Great if all you want to do is hear and watch the PS4 with decent sound from the soundbar of course.

What audio out connections does the TV have? No optical/digital coax seems strange in particular. Of course if the soundbar has no "equivalent" audio input the point is moot.
philips 32pha4110s/98

below is the picture attached. its an old dumb tv. however in one of the hdmi ports there is a label "HDMI CEC" and the CEC function works fine with my PS4 slim.

the TV does not have any wifi or app. so i only use the PS4 for source and dont need any sound coming from the TV. but it will be nice if the CEC can continue to work with the soundbar though. you think this is possible?

Attachments

• IMG_20210823_182405.jpg
    IMG_20210823_182405.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 34
In theory CEC will work but what will control what may be a voyage of discovery :)

connect from PS4 to soundbar in. Then another cable from soundbar out to TV in marked CEC. Then discover what controls what - if anything :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom