Question Soundbar with clear dialogue at low volume suggestions.

MrFraggle

In Memoriam
Reaction score
I currently have a LG B7 TV with a Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar and have noticed that at low volumes dialogue can be unclear or slightly muffled and as this set up is in my bedroom where health issues mean I spend much of my time the volume is invariably low particularly in the small hours.
Looking to replace this with something that would give me clearer dialogue at low volumes buy can also bang it out when I am annoying the neighbours with some tunes. . Should I be looking for some thing with a dedicated centre speaker?
Not really got a budget but am not prepared to pay silly money.

I’ve asked a very similar question today. Be great to get some advice!

Although I don't have one, I've found the Sonos models to be good for this, with clear dialogue adjustment options. All budgets. From what I've read the B&O beosound is very good, but at a higher price.
None of us these come with a sub as standard though.
Would another option be to use a good pair of wired or BT headphones when you don't want to disturb others?

Try adjusting the "sound control" using the remote control, you can adjust various frequency bands.

Alternatively there is a sound mode button which has a "clear voice" function.

Try adjusting the "sound control" using the remote control, you can adjust various frequency bands.

Alternatively there is a sound mode button which has a "clear voice" function.
Done that but did not help.

I had purchased a new Samsung and used the optical out with a very good optical cable , the sound on some stations are very low at max volume set on my soundbar so after searching I find that the manufactures of the TV's are playing with the fixed pre amp volume out from the TV ,so if your not getting max volume on any external speakers , the only way to resolve it is get a optical Bluetooth amplifier and then make sure your sound bar has this blue tooth feature and you then will get more volume .

Last edited:
I had purchased a new Samsung and used the optical out with a very good optical cable , the sound on some stations are very low at max volume set on my soundbar so after searching I find that the manufactures of the TV's are playing with the fixed pre amp volume out from the TV ,so if your not getting max volume on any external speakers , the only way to resole it is get a optical Bluetooth amplifier and then make sure your sound bar has this blue tooth feature and you then will get more volume . Amazon.com: Sabaj A2 Small Desktop Stereo Audio Digital Amplifier with Bluetooth 4.0 USB Optical Input 55Wx2 Silver: Electronics
I am looking for clearer dialogue at low levels not more volume thanks.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Oh OK the only way I ever had any luck with clarity was to go into the TV;s Equalizer controls and adjust them to your clearest hearing level .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom