Question Soundbar w/ wireless sub connect to traditional speakers

revan415

Novice Member
Reaction score
So, I have decent satellite speakers wired through the walls in my house. I have a receiver and big front center, etc. I want to slim down the whole setup on the front, and get a soundbar that is cleaner looking than my current setup. I am curious if I can get something like a vizio soundbar with wireless sub, put the sub up near my tv (where the left/right connection to my rear speakers have ports in the wall), then use a conversion for the wired output from the wireless sub to the vizio satellites, and connect them to my wall wired speakers.

So, I wouldn't use the vizio satellites, but connect my own speakers to their sub. Has anyone done something like this? I hate to have speakers wired into my walls and not get to use them...

Not sure what the actual connection type is from the vizo sub to the speakers, but think it is rca coax? Something like this would work? Monoprice 6in RCA Female to 2x RCA Male Digital Coaxial Splitter Adapter - Monoprice.com

Last edited:
There are few soundbars with dedicated RCA sub-out:

1. Sennheiser Ambeo
2. Yamaha (couple of them)
3. Tuefel
4. Canton (???)
5. Klipsch 54 (2020 models ???)
6. JBL (???)
7. Nakamichi Shockwafe (?? USA only)

Doubt if these come with dedicated outputs for surround speakers.

Not sure if that accomplishes the goal. I want to use the sub associated with the soundbar, I just want to then go from the sub to my own satellites. Does this allow that? Or do you mean the cable coming from the sub to the surround speakers on the listed systems is a standard and not proprietary?

1. Most of the integrated subs don't dig deep w.r to LFE. So if you had a big aub capable of reproducing infrasonics or under 25 Hz then your choices are very limited. Upcoming Klipsch 54 will come with s 12 inch sub, so there is a small hope that this will be good enough for most folks.

2. Doubt if there are any wireless subs that can decode and transmit to wireless speakers.

So your options are virtually zero.

I would say either keep your current setup as you are guaranteed to be free of any sound issues / drop outs. With the wireless soundbar route, everything working in harmony 100% of the time is not guaranteed.

I'm not sure what w.r. to LFE means. :( (kind of a av noob.)

I have wired surround speakers, not wireless. I was just hoping to take the wired output from the sub and send to the wired input of the speakers (they are standard speaker wire, hooked up to a receiver today).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom