Soundbar to go with Samsung Q60T 43" telly....

skylinegtrsteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I've just bought the Q60T for a modest 15ft square-ish lounge. I don't want a full AV setup because this is a functional living room, not an audition space, or cinema room.

What I actually want is an out of the box solution to boost TV sound, and be able to stream music to via blue-tooth.

So, I'm considering the Samsung Q800T. Firstly, the only real neggatives, that I have read aboiut are its fairly high price, and in early reveiws of users, the dropping out of wi-fi to the sub. I have to say the price ok, it's high but the pro reviews and user reviews are pretty good so spending £600 or so is ok with me. And the later lack of wi-fi dropping out, user reviews seem to possibly point to Samsung fixing the drop out of wi-fi via firmware update maybe. How factual this is I don't know. Or was there an issue in the first place, or a quesion of positioning of the sub etc? I don't know - maybe y'all here know!

Just sounding out you guys really. Any thoughts or can i go ahead :) ? Having asked that, if there are any alternativees out there anyone can recommend, I'd take a look?

samsung have a great range, very solid, that said last years models were excellent as well, they will also be available at reduced prices so i would shop around and get more value.

samsung have a great range, very solid, that said last years models were excellent as well, they will also be available at reduced prices so i would shop around and get more value.

I've added the Q900T to the possibles now. I KNOW it COULD be a bit of overkill for the size of the TV. BUT, that 'wall of sound' effect mention in the Q800T maybe not providing the total immersive experience and with my list of requirements being streaming music, I thought the extra grunt would fit the bill.

try to listen to your prospective purchase before you part with readies.

I shall, although, getting auditions in these masked up, quarantining, self isolating, travel banning times isnt easy at all!
Yep the things we do for our obsessions. Assume you live near a Richer sounds?

I'm still humming and ahhing over the soundbar purchase. There's a fair amount of hate in forums for Bose. I'm at a loss why? I've used loads of Bose over the years both in full AV setups and in smaller Wave systems. I even had some Bose garden speakers driven off a Yamaha amp that were superb!

My thing is that I don't need full Atmos and all those bells and whistles offered by the higher range Samsung. So the Bose 700 with the Base Module 700 sounds pretty good to me and will enhance the sound in general. But I'm hurting from the hate thrown at them and don't get it really. If anything my decision has just got harder. I know Bose are expensive but I've never had to send anything back for service or exchange due to faulty unit. And that wi-fi disconnect with the Samsung and it's aub, keeps rearing its head. Decisions Decisions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom