soundbar recommendations please, with sub out and hdmi/arc

rascott

Novice Member
hi all

I'm looking for a soundbar to replace my ancient pair of speakers nicked from an old sony all in one surround system. I'd like to use ARC to reduce the number of remotes. My TV is a Panasonic 50 inch LED which supports ARC but not the newer eARC etc standards so I'm assuming Dolby atmos support in the soundbar would be a waste.

As part of my current setup I have a Morduant Short subwoofer (MS308) and was wondering if it would make sense to connect that to the soundbar for extra bass. If that's a good idea then i'd need a sub out in the soundbar.

So far I've looked at the sonos beam (no sub out but good reviews plus possible future expansion for true surround) and the Yamaha YAS 207 (comes with a sub, so am wondering if i can save some money and just use my existing MS sub)

Budget up to £400

Thanks for any further recommendations.

Last edited:

TriPax

you need to think if you will change TV in the future - without earc and without hdmi in you will not use atmos at all - arc can provide only compressed audio so some formats will be not working
also in case of yamaha keep in mind that they do not have atmos at all (except the most expensive model) even if your source support it

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom