Soundbar Recomendations

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Shanew1705, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Shanew1705

Shanew1705

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +424
    Hoping this is the right place to post, I currently have a 5.1 surround sound system, however I’m debating selling this and getting a Soundbar.

I was looking for peoples opinions on a Soundbar v 5.1 Surround sound systems, the differences and what people would recommend, and also recommendations for a Soundbar - ideally I’m looking to spend £180 max possibly pushing to £200 at the complete most

Thanks

2. turk3y

turk3y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,035
    For the budget your not going to get anything close to a surround sound experience from a soundbar.

Importantly why are you considering the change and what kit do you have already? Perhaps that will help more.

3. Shanew1705

Shanew1705

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +424
    I think this is the one I’ve got currently
    Buy the Philips 5.1 Home theatre HTB3510/12 5.1 Home theatre

I was just thinking a Soundbar takes up less space, whereas 5.1 has speakers in different locations, and was thinking if a Soundbar would be a better option

4. mikeysthoughts

mikeysthoughts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +341
    having wasted my money on a Sony HT-CT290 which was the best sub 300 quid soundbar I could find at the time (according to reviews) my advice would be don't bother. I find myself preferring the sound from the TV for some content. If you do go for one, make sure you get yourself to a decent retailer to actually listen to them in a quiet environment.

A cheap but we'll reviewed 5.1 system at this price is much better (I've previously owned a logitech Z5500 5.1 system which is in the same budget). Soundbars don't really compete until you're spending >500 quid