Soundbar questions

morty192

Hello guys...

I am thinking of adding a soundbar to my living room set up. At the moment I have a 55 inch Samsung Q85R, a Sky Q box connected via HDMI 1 and a PS5 connected via hdmi 4.

The TV is not wall mounted it is on a stand with on a tv cabinet and I am doubt I have room for a sub.

Given the unusual design of a the Q85R’s stand can you please recommend me a soundbar or two that would allow both the TV (Netflix Disney + apps) the sky box and the PS5 to output Dolby atmos where applicable?

I assume connecting the appropriate soundbar via HDMI 3 will work for e-arc?

For reference I have attached a photo of my current set up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 28

keithwiggins

Hello guys...

I am thinking of adding a soundbar to my living room set up. At the moment I have a 55 inch Samsung Q85R, a Sky Q box connected via HDMI 1 and a PS5 connected via hdmi 4.

The TV is not wall mounted it is on a stand with on a tv cabinet and I am doubt I have room for a sub.

Given the unusual design of a the Q85R’s stand can you please recommend me a soundbar or two that would allow both the TV (Netflix Disney + apps) the sky box and the PS5 to output Dolby atmos where applicable?

I assume connecting the appropriate soundbar via HDMI 3 will work for e-arc?

For reference I have attached a photo of my current set up
there are literally dozens, but how much do u want to spend, how wide is the cabinet are you concerned if it overhangs the edges etc?

morty192

Cabinet is 110cm wide ideally it will sit comfortably on that budget is probably max £350. Is that doable?

keithwiggins

Dolby Atmos ?? 350 pound
Atmos for 350 is going to very poor, i would look at a sonus beam instead, it gets all the basics right, rather than trying to do too much and failing at all. Or spend a bit more and get something like the sharp atmos bar that is pretty good for the money.

morty192

I accept that my budget may price me out of many options. What would be a suitable budget for what I am looking to achieve?

Clearandcolour

Can soundbars that can do atmos with true upward firing speakers,.. do more with these upward firing speakers than use them for the few select movies that feature atmos ??
I mean,.. are thes upper 2 speakers on the soundbar lying death without sound with standard cable tv ??
Or are they used to make a more upward,.. roomfilling sound from standard tv-programs.
So, is there a reason for no atmos-content to buy a dedicated atmos-speaker ??

keithwiggins

I accept that my budget may price me out of many options. What would be a suitable budget for what I am looking to achieve?
The Sharp i mentioned gets lots of love for the money at between 4/450 price wise so to get a real atmos type system i would suggest that as a good starting point. Above that samsungs/lgs etc.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom