Soundbar keeps disconnecting

londonbob

Novice Member
Hi,
I've got a LG 55UK5640PLD purchsed in 2018. Aside from the TV guide getting slower every time there's a software update, the long running problem is that the soundbar keeps failing to work. The TV is connected to a Samsung soundbar, and I have to switch the soundbar off and back on several times a week to get it to reconnect. The actual problem is that the TV won't switch to the soundbar input. Sometimes it'll work several days in a row, then on one day need several resets. Occasionally I have to switch the TV off at the power then back on.

Does anyone have this sort of soundbar problem? I don't know if the problem is with the TV or the soundbar, or a mixture of both.

I had previously contacted LG Support about a different problem (no audio on certain apps), which LG refused to help on as the soundbar was a Samsung and not LG. They blaimed Samsung, and Samsung blaimed LG. So I haven't yet contacted LG about the disconnecting problem since I know what they'll tell me.

Rob

grouper5

Hi,
I've got a LG 55UK5640PLD purchsed in 2018. Aside from the TV guide getting slower every time there's a software update, the long running problem is that the soundbar keeps failing to work. The TV is connected to a Samsung soundbar, and I have to switch the soundbar off and back on several times a week to get it to reconnect. The actual problem is that the TV won't switch to the soundbar input. Sometimes it'll work several days in a row, then on one day need several resets. Occasionally I have to switch the TV off at the power then back on.

Does anyone have this sort of soundbar problem? I don't know if the problem is with the TV or the soundbar, or a mixture of both.

I had previously contacted LG Support about a different problem (no audio on certain apps), which LG refused to help on as the soundbar was a Samsung and not LG. They blaimed Samsung, and Samsung blaimed LG. So I haven't yet contacted LG about the disconnecting problem since I know what they'll tell me.

Rob
I had a similar problem with a Bose soundbar. I turned off Quick Start and it has not happened again

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom