Soundbar in Open-Sided Living Room

hunterc4

Novice Member
Below is a diagram of my current living room setup. I want to add a soundbar with atmos to my living room TV. If I don't have a wall on the left side of my living room for the soundbar to bounce surround sound off of, will that mess up the sound experience? I wouldn't mind doing a non-soundbar setup, but I would have to use wireless speakers in order to have a speaker on the left side of the living room. Any suggestions?

Living Room.jpg

keithwiggins

The answer really is it may? atmos is entirely room and bar dependant, so results will vary from room to room, the quality of the gear also has an impact, bear in mind atmos was originally developed for ceiling speakers before someone realised you could potentially get effects adding upfiring speakers into soundbars, how much are you looking to spend?

hunterc4

Novice Member
Thanks for the response. I'm looking at around $1,000. I could possibly do wired ceiling speakers. But the surrounds would have to be wireless if I went that route. My ceilings are very high too (~13'), further making a soundbar less conducive.

keithwiggins

I would try to get out to listen to a few, Samsung have a large range and there atmos products do offer rears.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom