• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Soundbar for LG C8 Oled 55" TV.

SuperSgt

Novice Member
Hi,
I jumped into world of Oled after Christmas when I decided to replace my long serving Samsung D8000 Led.

The experience has been excellent so far with my C8 - read many posts on here before heading to JL and pulling the trigger.

The TV is wallmounted and as such the curved stand to direct sound is missing.

Given this i want buy a soundbar to improve the TV's audio capability.

The soundbar will need to be mounted to the wall or direct to tv with a bracket.

My budget is about £500 which will obviously exclude some of LG's upper end bars as they sppear to be £650+.

In this mid spec segment there is so much choice...i was wondering what other C8 owners use and where i should invest my money.

The C8 Is in my lounge (4m x 5m) and used mainly for TV and Movies.

I appreciate i've just missed the new year sales so deals on sonos beam etc have gone back up to Rrp now. However the well reviewed samsung MS 650 can be had for £295. Just 2 examples of the many I've seen so far.

Any help would be most welcome.

sagaris99

Prominent Member
Hi,
I jumped into world of Oled after Christmas when I decided to replace my long serving Samsung D8000 Led.

The experience has been excellent so far with my C8 - read many posts on here before heading to JL and pulling the trigger.

The TV is wallmounted and as such the curved stand to direct sound is missing.

Given this i want buy a soundbar to improve the TV's audio capability.

The soundbar will need to be mounted to the wall or direct to tv with a bracket.

My budget is about £500 which will obviously exclude some of LG's upper end bars as they sppear to be £650+.

In this mid spec segment there is so much choice...i was wondering what other C8 owners use and where i should invest my money.

The C8 Is in my lounge (4m x 5m) and used mainly for TV and Movies.

I appreciate i've just missed the new year sales so deals on sonos beam etc have gone back up to Rrp now. However the well reviewed samsung MS 650 can be had for £295. Just 2 examples of the many I've seen so far.

Any help would be most welcome.
My advice would be to wait for the SK9Y to come down in price - I would expect £500ish come the end of march. My local JL sold their ex display 2017 SJ9 for 375, so 500 is not out of the question

I wall mounted the SK9Y beneath my C8, more than happy to share pictures

SuperSgt

Novice Member
My advice would be to wait for the SK9Y to come down in price - I would expect £500ish come the end of march. My local JL sold their ex display 2017 SJ9 for 375, so 500 is not out of the question

I wall mounted the SK9Y beneath my C8, more than happy to share pictures

Hi Sagaris. Thanks for the shout on tbe SK9Y. I've heard that in action and can see why ypu picked it up.

I saw the new 2019 line up from the CES show recently and did wonder how long before they hit the high street and impacted on ladt years models.

Any pics would be great!

sagaris99

Prominent Member
CD0F289E-B6EB-4FEC-A8B1-3749FA5352A3.jpeg
EEA21C6A-B84D-4A19-93B1-AF7B1E198758.jpeg
CFECC47D-DCF2-4EC0-A9F0-EFF8F4C58680.jpeg
0CEA1CE2-FD0F-4EC6-B419-E2BA071180BC.jpeg
34497F98-66E7-4833-BF37-583B8640664B.jpeg
40B4BEA0-C798-4004-BC46-7C8278B14159.jpeg
Hi Sagaris. Thanks for the shout on tbe SK9Y. I've heard that in action and can see why ypu picked it up.

I saw the new 2019 line up from the CES show recently and did wonder how long before they hit the high street and impacted on ladt years models.

Any pics would be great!
I’d expect April to may before the SL..YG range hit the shelves, the Sk9 replacement probably about 1k.

Sure, this is my set up!

SuperSgt

Novice Member
Cheers for the Pics. Setup looks very clean.

Cant say I've mounted a soundbar before. Did you use the included brackets or buy a another kit?

I'm ok with April to May and can adjust the budget for the right product.

Many Thanks.

sagaris99

Prominent Member
Cheers for the Pics. Setup looks very clean.

Cant say I've mounted a soundbar before. Did you use the included brackets or buy a another kit?

I'm ok with April to May and can adjust the budget for the right product.

Many Thanks.
No worries

Included wall mounts, two L shaped things that the sound bar sits on top of.... there’s also a placement guide in the box as well which is very useful

My guesstimate is that prices will start dropping towards the end of February, keep your eyes peeled - might get yourself a good deal!

SuperSgt

Novice Member
Cheers. I will do. If i was to look at a more compact soundbar...have you got any suggestions? I can see my little girl swinging off one that juts out quite far from the wall!. I popped into RS earlier and saw the Sony Z9F. Dimensions wise it seemed an ideal fit as the depth would be flush with my TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom