Question Soundbar for LG 65C9?

El Barto

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had pulled the trigger on a LG 65E9 @ £2099 (can cancel before shipping) however just managed to snag a C9 @ £1699, so with the £400 saving what kind of soundar should I be looking at?
in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

Not sure if Atmos will be doable or reasonable at this budget?

Needs to be wall mountable

Happy to purchase 2nd hand

Will need 3 HDMI's (PS4 Pro/Nvidia Shield & Virgin V6 Tivo) or does the e-arc HDMI on the LG render this moot?

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry to hijack your thread but where did you get the C9 from (if you don't mind me asking!)? I've seen it for £1,699 but only from Rgb direct and I'm skeptical due to mixed reviews.

Thanks

Had pulled the trigger on a LG 65E9 @ £2099 (can cancel before shipping) however just managed to snag a C9 @ £1699, so with the £400 saving what kind of soundar should I be looking at?

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

Not sure if Atmos will be doable or reasonable at this budget?

Needs to be wall mountable

Happy to purchase 2nd hand

Will need 3 HDMI's (PS4 Pro/Nvidia Shield & Virgin V6 Tivo) or does the e-arc HDMI on the LG render this moot?

Great price for a great TV. Usual questions about the soundbar. Is £400 your total budget? Can you accommodate a sub? Do you want to have, or be able to add, rears?
Cheers

Hi,

Sorry to hijack your thread but where did you get the C9 from (if you don't mind me asking!)? I've seen it for £1,699 but only from Rgb direct and I'm skeptical due to mixed reviews.

Thanks

Get John Lewis or Richersounds to price match for you.

Hi,

Thanks
Was PRC direct (ended up costing £1664 delivered + 2 free UHD discs)
however that price inc a £50 off Black Friday voucher that’s now expired

Great price for a great TV. Usual questions about the soundbar. Is £400 your total budget? Can you accommodate a sub? Do you want to have, or be able to add, rears?
Cheers
Got a 7.2.4 Atmos system in my mancave so its not imperative that I have Atmos or rears for this living room setup

budget is up to £500 but happy to purchase second hand

Last edited:
Got a 7.2.4 Atmos system in my mancave so its not imperative that I have Atmos or rars for this living room setup

budget is up to £500 but happy to purchase second hand

What about an LG SL8YG? It's down to 450 now, could be a good fit although heard people having sync issues with the C9 so probably something to look into. Also the HW Q70 from Samsung, meant to be very good.

Was looking at those models, however the lip sync issue & only one HDMI and no e-arc support of the LG and lack of support & HDMI issues from the Samsung have put me off both models TBH

Last edited:
Was PRC direct (ended up costing £1664 delivered + 2 free UHD discs)
however that price inc a £50 off Black Friday voucher that’s now expired

Thanks - I asked JL to price match, they initially agreed and then very soon after they changed their mind as the product was not showing as in stock. The price has gone up on both RGB and PRC (same company?) so I need to ponder some more on whether I want to buy at £1,899 :)

Thanks - I asked JL to price match, they initially agreed and then very soon after they changed their mind as the product was not showing as in stock. The price has gone up on both RGB and PRC (same company?) so I need to ponder some more on whether I want to buy at £1,899 :)
Unlucky, I never bother with JL because of their PM lotter, Richer Sounds better because you get extra years warranty and £20 off. PRC & RGB two different companies both small independents

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom