Soundbar advice needed

bosley4

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi newbie here, can anybody give some advice on connecting soundbar to sky q box and 4k player. Never had a soundbar before and will be getting a lg sp8ya soundbar next week. i know you connect earc on tv to earc on soundbar via hdmi but looking at pictures of soundbar it only has one other hdmi port, do i connect the 4k player to this and sky box to a port on tv or do i plug both in to tv.
Many thanks.

Using a Soundbar is all about how you connect it to its products and what options you have to use with it.

A simple connection would be to use an Optical (TosLink) cable, this would usually go from the TV to soundbar. Some configuration settings may need to be applied within the TV's own settings

A little more complicated would be via HDMI. With this cable connecting to the two, you need to pay close attention to which HDMI input you use on your TV as you need to look for either eARC HDMI or ARC HDMI. This means that whatever you watch on the TV, it will send that audio sounds like the Optical (TosLink) cable to Soundbar

With these two options, you plug anything like Sky into the TV that should be it. With the HDMI option, like the Optical (TosLink) cable, you may need to change the speaker outputs within the TV menu to Home Cinema or whatever your TV manufacturers require

Now if the soundbar has multiple HDMI input and a single output, then the TV would still connect the say way, but the Sky and any other peripheral would connect into the HDMI input you nominate. From that point onwards, that HDMI number would be the input on the Soundbar Remote

I hope that helps!

Hi

My neighbour asked me why the speach is so low you can't hear it
if you have "bombs and shooting" at a neighbour frindly level?
I said the soundtrack was mixed fore cinema, so...
He has no interest in buying a 5.1 amp and speaker system.
My question is, is there any soundbar with built in decoder on
witch he can boost the center signal?

Quite a few manufacturers over some form of ‘Dialogue Lift’ (though not always on all models!), have a look at Yamaha and SONOS.

Joe

Thanks. I'll pay my local Sonos delar a visit.

Hi

My neighbour asked me why the speach is so low you can't hear it
if you have "bombs and shooting" at a neighbour frindly level?
I said the soundtrack was mixed fore cinema, so...
He has no interest in buying a 5.1 amp and speaker system.
My question is, is there any soundbar with built in decoder on
witch he can boost the center signal?
From most of the reviews, and discussions I've read, look for a bar which you can adjust the levels of individual channels. Specifically the center channel. With the Ambeo for example it generally seems boosting the center by a couple of db is often better than the dialogue boost presets.

It seems like there are a few manufacturers out there that don't want you fiddling in that way so you have to check specifically to see if it's possible or not.

From most of the reviews, and discussions I've read, look for a bar which you can adjust the levels of individual channels. Specifically the center channel. With the Ambeo for example it generally seems boosting the center by a couple of db is often better than the dialogue boost presets.

It seems like there are a few manufacturers out there that don't want you fiddling in that way so you have to check specifically to see if it's possible or not.
Loewe also have settings for the volume for soundbar - you can adjust separated : left front, right front, center and also (if you buy rears Klang mr1, you can setup the volume for each.)
And the quality and the sound that you will get its very good. As ~ value its on the same zone with Bose 900 + sub 700+ rears, Ambeo, Sonos Arc + sub gen 3+ rears.
Samsung have the lower value but for me, was 1st on my small list and after i remove it because i wanted to buy something better than what Samsung can give -( considering that also i dont have Samsung TVs - for me they are low quality compare to Panasonic, Sony, TCL, LG, Philips.) I have Loewe now since more than 1 month and im very very please with the sound i get from the setup.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom