Soundbar advice needed

LuvCVs

Hiya, just wanted to know if a soundbar was worth it?

I'm going to be cramped for space, so either a AV amp with satellite speakers or a soundbar will have to do.

Question is, is a top range soundbar worth it? Like, one with the rear speakers included?

My end goal is to have it connected to my Xbox series x and ps5 in time and my new TV when I get it in a month or 2 which is the new LG OLED 6514LB. I want the Dolby Atmos experience in my video games and movies and though I have looked at some high end soundbar I do not know which one is best. I looked at the SAMSUNG HW-Q950A/XU 11.1.4 and the LG SN11 7.1.4 but, at that price are they worth it? As the only alternative is a Denon AVR X3600H with say, a KEF speaker system.

However, can you buy additional speakers for ceiling speakers with a soundbar? Or do they only come with a sub and 2 rears?

Any advice would be appreciated 🙂

dion 6

Hiya, just wanted to know if a soundbar was worth it?

I'm going to be cramped for space, so either a AV amp with satellite speakers or a soundbar will have to do.

Question is, is a top range soundbar worth it? Like, one with the rear speakers included?

My end goal is to have it connected to my Xbox series x and ps5 in time and my new TV when I get it in a month or 2 which is the new LG OLED 6514LB. I want the Dolby Atmos experience in my video games and movies and though I have looked at some high end soundbar I do not know which one is best. I looked at the SAMSUNG HW-Q950A/XU 11.1.4 and the LG SN11 7.1.4 but, at that price are they worth it? As the only alternative is a Denon AVR X3600H with say, a KEF speaker system.

However, can you buy additional speakers for ceiling speakers with a soundbar? Or do they only come with a sub and 2 rears?

Any advice would be appreciated 🙂
I've had a few soundbars my last one was a Yamaha YPS-2500 which was over £600 when it came out it wasn't atmos but it came with a separate sub and sounded great but I've moved on to an avr and a 5.1.2 setup and my second set of speakers. I would say a soundbar is no match for a proper 5.1.2 setup and you can achieve it at a lower cost of a high end soundbar. Some of the speaker packages are very small and would be better than any soundbar but you have to decide how large a speaker you could accommodate there's nothing wrong with soundbars but if you can get a avr and a 5.1.2 setup it would be much better the monitor mass 5.1 gen 2 are very compact so is the Cambridge Audio Minx what a lot of people do is buy 2 extra speakers for atmos and place them high up on the wall facing down to your listing position.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom