Sound

That's OK, as long as it gives me proper 5.1 SS. Thanks a lot to everyone who helped. All I need now is some wires. Does it matter which ones I get? eBay have loads but I don't know the difference. What do people suggest?

1 problem has come up/ On richer sounds it says it has 3 optical digital inputs and 1 coax inout. However:
http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ps_14889428/121601.html

It says it only has 2 optical digital inputs. The product code on the richer sounds one is Yamaha RXSL80S and the other one is Yamaha RXSL80. Is this a typing error or is the richer sounds one an upgrade? I need to know if the richer sounds one has 2 or 3 optical digital inputs

Just phoned them. It only has 2! I'm back to square one again! The cheapest they have with 3 is £300. I can't afford that

Michaelknell said:
Just phoned them. It only has 2! I'm back to square one again! The cheapest they have with 3 is £300. I can't afford that

Phoned who ?. It states quite clearly on the Richersounds site that it has 3 !!. I also just checked on Yamaha's site and it has. it has two on the rear and one on the front.

I phoned someone at rcher sounds in Watford. He had a look at the product and said it had 2 and one coax. Can you show me the link you got from Yamaha's site?

It says 3 opitcal (including video aux(video 2) terminal front panel). what does that mean?

There's an AUX (auxilliary) input on the front intended for connecting a video camera or game console, which includes an additional optical input. Putting an optical input on the front instead of an extra on the back is a somewhat strange trend amongst manufacturers, which probably has to do with compact living.

But that still means there are a total of 3 optical digital outputs. the pdf manual and other pdf seem to support this too. Out comes the credit card then

Michaelknell said:
But that still means there are a total of 3 optical digital outputs. the pdf manual and other pdf seem to support this too. Out comes the credit card then

HURRAH, WE DID IT :clap: . I'm sure you'll be well happy with it :) .

womble9 said:
I did check it out (just pointing that out for Michaelknells sake) . It has 2 optical and 1 coax.

Fair enough. Wasn't sure myself but you seem to have cleared it up. :)

Michaelknell said:
What about these?
Link

I know they are cheap but does it make mich difference?

They'll be just fine.

I got my amp and sub through today! They look great. Sound rubbish though but I haven't got my optical cables through yet :-(
Anyone know how much I'd get for my Panasonic SA-MT1 DVD player and sub? They are both as new.

Got my cables today. Sounds very good. Still need help on the above post though.

Michaelknell said:
Got my cables today. Sounds very good. Still need help on the above post though.

Glad to hear / see that you're finally up and running. How do you find it compared to your old set up ?, oh and as for sound fields I'd say there's no real rule of thumb and that it's down to personal preference. For movies / TV I always have it on the Normal setting and games seem to sound quite good (to me!!) on Jazz, just have a mess around and see what you like :) .

Much better than my old one. Plus it fits around my room far better sizewise and cablewise. Still need to sell my old dvd player and sub though. Will probably struggle without speakers.

Michaelknell said:
.. Will probably struggle without speakers.

Agreed, shame as otherwise it'd go no problem at this time of year.

I suppose I will just try it on eBay. I paid £130 for it new so w/out speakers and now second hand I'd like around £50 really.

Just watched paycheck. First time I've properly used DD. Film wasn't bad but the sound was amazing. I'm getting so excited about the 360 now. Just like a little kid going on holiday!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom