Sound won't work on online channels

Ice1962

Novice Member
My sound bar works fine with optical but just buzzes when tv switched to prime/Netflix or any catch up can anyone help
Samsung TV UE24N4300AK
Sound bar Majority Bowfell
Can anyone help please

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
It sounds like the wrong format sound is being sent. According to the manual, it will only accept PCM, so you need to check that your TV optical output is set to PCM for all inputs.

Ice1962

Novice Member
It sounds like the wrong format sound is being sent. According to the manual, it will only accept PCM, so you need to check that your TV optical output is set to PCM for all inputs.
OK I'll try not exactly tech guy will have look so thats the settings on my tv also there is a lead from sound bar for left and right audio but tried that and no sound at all, could that be the same reason
Thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
OK I'll try not exactly tech guy will have look so thats the settings on my tv also there is a lead from sound bar for left and right audio but tried that and no sound at all, could that be the same reason
Thanks
Your TV only has HDMI, Optical and Wireless (Bluetooth) Audio output and there's nowhere to plug in that stereo cable that will give you sound. Any RCA Phono sockets on your TV are inputs, not outputs.
As noiseboy72 suggested make sure the digital audio out is set to PCM and not Dolby Digital.
You can access those settings at Home/Settings/Sound/Expert Settings/Digital Output Audio Format.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom