Sound with a multi use setup using a Monitor rather than TV

kevip6

Looking for some help with Sound in a multi use area with a Samsung 32" G7 Monitor please. Its for my Sons room and he will have a PC, Xbox Series X and a Sky TV box. He currently has a gaming laptop with HDMI only output but I'll be looking at a PC with an RTX (either 3070ti or 3080) later this year
I've currently set it up to run Bluetooth sound from the laptop to the speaker as I was getting a lot of Hum from the 3.5mm to RCA I tested from the G7 output to the Line in on the back of the Speaker.

This Obviously won't work when I have the Xbox and Sky box connected so without going full AV Amp and speakers (which is all too big for his small room) what s my best way to connect everything?
G7 has one HDMI and two Displayport inputs but currently all three devices are HDMI only

Any advice would be very much appreciated

next010

Distinguished Member
I was getting a lot of Hum from the 3.5mm to RCA I tested from the G7 output to the Line in on the back of the Speaker.

Try getting one of these noise destroyers they supress the hum/interference on analogue audio outputs.

For switches try this (may do 1440p 120hz Freesync) or this (1440p 60hz).

You'd also want to configure the monitor for AV mode if the Xbox/Sky are sharing the same HDMI via a switch.

kevip6

Try getting one of these noise destroyers they supress the hum/interference on analogue audio outputs.

For switches try this (may do 1440p 120hz Freesync) or this (1440p 60hz).

You'd also want to configure the monitor for AV mode if the Xbox/Sky are sharing the same HDMI via a switch.

That's interesting on the hum destroyer, didn't know such a thing existed. I used a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable into a different Aux port and it was much better than the RCA port for hum but I will keep this in mind

I will take a look at that switch, thank you

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you're happy looking at something a little older, why not look at an old Onkyo HTX-22hdx. These have been around for many years and included the avr within the subwoofer keeping everything nice and compact. Sadly they do not make it any more, so you will only find it on the secondhand market.

Another option is something like the Monitor Audio WS100 which my lad uses. He has his laptop hooked up via USB dongle, TV via the 3.5mm and they sound great. For gaming, I usually find my lad just uses his headset as he's more engrossed action with his mates. You can have a look at the manual here--> sadly it's another discontinued product though and not one which has been replaced which is a shame its a great little product

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom