1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound when using xbox highdef

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by sime, Aug 24, 2005.

1. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i recently had my xbox modified so i could use it as a high definition player to connect to my latest purchase a sanyo z3 pj and just spent £100 on a hd lead while i await the delivery of my neoya x2vga connector,....is it possible to maybe connect a optical output to your xbox some how as i know a freind of mine as fitted two usb ports to his ..........just a query

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    There is an optical out on the official MS hidef pack . I think it may be possible to rig up a coax digital out (possibly seen somewhere on xbox-scene).But I'm not sure about an optical out

John

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    According to here the unit has optical audio out on it :smashin:

I must say it seems an expensive route for getting HD when the Component HD pack is only around £16 from here.

4. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi cas fan yeah i know it works out exspensive but, i also want to use the same lead in the future when i get round to buying a hd dvd i am trying to get the setup of my dreams as i have just bought a new house with a decent size room and took out a little extra ,,,,yep i also get to purchase a 360 soon i have bought cheaper leads before and have been un-impressed by the reprodution(poor) qualitys , but saying this i have heard loads of good things about the offical ms hd pack

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    The official HD pack is superb and gives a cracking picture when fed through my Z3. HD material looks fantastic and I can't wait for my 360 to arrive :clap: :clap: .

6. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yeah i only picked my z3 up a week ago i love it im using a grandview widescreen i am totally amazed and i am only connected up using the s-video connection at the moment