Sound & Vision Web Site

AV Junky

Well established retailer, based in Bolton, I believe.

Worth pointing out that many Forum members have been successful in getting John Lewis to price-match them, since they do have a real shop up there (which makes them eligible for the JL Pricematch guarantee). JL give a free 5 year warranty and are generally very good at post-sales support.

wHoMe

Hi

If I was you I would search this model in the John Lewis price match thread

Dixons are selling them for £1299.76 get John Lewis to price match that and
your get 5 years guarantee as well

wHoMe

Avi

Distinguished Member
AV Junky said:
Well established retailer, based in Bolton, I believe.

Worth pointing out that many Forum members have been successful in getting John Lewis to price-match them, since they do have a real shop up there (which makes them eligible for the JL Pricematch guarantee). JL give a free 5 year warranty and are generally very good at post-sales support.
The local JL in Cheadle would not price match Sound & Vision when I've tried before. Claimed that whilst they had a small store non of the items on show had displayed pricing. S&V web site does not count.

AVI

AV Junky

Yes, unfortunately there is a lot of variation in which stores/staff members will agree price matches. Also depends on how they approach the call to S & V, if they actually get that far. If they call and pretend to be customer and ask if they can call into the store and buy a TV for the price that they have seen on their website, then the answer would be yes. As long as the store has it in stock, then that should be enough for the price match.

dingwall

Banned
Depends how lazy or off-the-ball JL are. S&V is definitely on their "do not pricematch at any cost" list for the reasons mentioned.

S&V itself gets my recommendation - top service when I bought my plasma from them!