1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound & Vision & Digital Direct (Official Member Of Staff)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PURPLEDOT, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PURPLEDOT

PURPLEDOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Offical Q&A's

Please send any posts regarding these companies and I will reply as quickly as I can to all complaints.

I am not interested in people who have a vendetta against either company but I will anwser any genuine complaints.

:)

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The risk is that anyone with a complaint will be considered as having a vendetta against your companies.

I dealt with Digital Direct and came off badly out of our disagreement. No problem though, cause in the long run the ones that lose are you. Not only will I never buy from you again (and believe me I have bought a lot since then), but anyone that asks my advice (and a lot of people do), will also not be buying from you.

This is the most important thing for retailers to consider. Customer care counts for a lot more than being strict or winning the "arguement" with a customer and saving a few quid.

Regards

George.

3. PURPLEDOT

PURPLEDOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry George you have given no details of your complaint, we do take customer complaints very seriously and would like to help genuine customers with a complaint.

4. PURPLEDOT

PURPLEDOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have not at any time said we would do nothing for this customer. The customer has purchased something and in his own admission admitted there is nothing wrong with the product he has purchased.

We understand the Distant Selling Regualtion and we also know what rights a retialer has.

Yes this customer can return the goods for an exchange or a refund.
    Yes we are allowed to charge DIRECT COSTS in relation to the transaction.
    Yes the customer was made aware pre-purchase as it is in our advert, which is one of the ways we have to inform customers.
    Yes terms & conditions are available on request.

No-one at any stage has said that we will not do anything for him.

5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,427
    Purpledot - if you represent either of these companies, then please state your name and position in your signature. You have in a previous thread posted in defense of s+v without declaring your vested interest, but infact declaring yourself as a 'customer'.
    This is misrepresentation and such posts are usually deleted.
    Companies have the right to respond to complaints in the forums and I believe they should do so.
    Hearing the 'other side of the argument gives a balanced thread for people to judge better what has actually happened.
    If, however, any such thread looks like they will descend into a slanging match, I will close them immediately.
    And I will not entertain an 'official Q&A' thread for any retailer unless they want to purchase their own support forum (as Movietyme have done) at £150 per month.
    Hence I have closed this thread.
    Anyone found using inappropriate language about any retailer will have their post removed. State the facts by all means, but be careful when you start name calling as this breaks the forum rules.
    If anyone, including retailers have concerns that they have been wrongly accused or misrepresented on the forums then I should be informed so I can take the appropriate action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.