Sound through PC Monitor

SergeAnt Fino

Ex Member
Reaction score
Ive bought a VGA cable off Ebay which will be here this week, the only problem i have is my monitor does not have a sound input, its got build in speakers, will my sound work or will it not? Any ideas?

Last edited:
If it has speakers then there must be a connector for them surely?
Could be a 3.5mm stereo jack socket.

hi ive had the same prob i had to hook the audio cables from the vga to my stereo that works fine!!!

Looking at the VGA cable its got the white and red connectors on it, But theres no sockets for them on my monitor, its only got the little green input like on the back of a tower.

hi ive had the same prob i had to hook the audio cables from the vga to my stereo that works fine!!!

Ah right, Does any1 know if you can actually buy a Adapter what will somehow connect to the little green input?, Also Scott, Whats the quality like on it?

i have no probs with sound through mine only thing is my stereo is a fair bit away from my xbox so i had to buy connectors and more audio cable to reach,works a treat though!!!

Looking at the VGA cable its got the white and red connectors on it, But theres no sockets for them on my monitor, its only got the little green input like on the back of a tower.

If you bought the official vga cable, it should come with an adaptor for that situation ( it does when new, but not sure if you bought a new or second hand or unofficial cable ).

if not, then you'd need to get a stereo phono to 3.5mm adaptor from somewhere.

i have a VGA input on my laptop does this mean i can connect the xbox then? As a while ago i was told i couldnt connect an xbox to a laptop.

The 15pin copnnector on the back of a Laptop is generally a VGA Output so you can connect to a projector (For Instance) for giving presentations... It is not an Input.. Sorry.

@ OP..

You need one of these...

Either

221461-albums111-picture881.jpg

Or

221461-albums111-picture880.jpg

found on Amazon.

Spamout:spam:

Last edited:
I had the same problem but just bought a 99p lead and cut the 3.5mm Jack from one my broken headphones and joined the two.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom