1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound thingy for PV500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by e_python, Aug 11, 2005.

1. e_python

e_python

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have PV500 and Sky.

What is the best Sound Kit (preferably Panny) that you can recommend? I am a total novice when it somes down to this kind of thing. I think I need a box (like DVD) and speakers, right?

Is there any such thing as wireless - speakers etc? If so, is it as good as wired stuff?

Thanks in advance.

2. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    you can get wireless speakers, but imo they are never as good as wired speakers, and in fact you are always better buying good quality speaker cable rather then using the standard stuff.

i think in your case you are best getting an allin1 system to keep things as simple as possible, there are some great systems like these out at the moment, my advice is go into comet etc have a little look and play with any such systems, then go online and get whichever one you want cheaper. :thumbsup:

the top 2 on this link will be good for what your after...

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/Department.asp?dept=hometheatre

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Python....watch out, the route you are taking can become very addictive (not to mention gr8 fun and expensive) I started off by plugging my tv into my stereo back in 98 and now have a full blown separates system with 5.1 surround and am still looking to upgrade to 6.1 with a bigger A/V amp..dont those Denon amps look gorgeous lol...it never ends and is so much fun...Steve has pointed you in the right direction..there are some gr8 all in systems...also you asked about Panasonic...I have never tried one of their all in one systems but they mostly get good reviews and are not expensive...a recent example is Panasonics SC-HT880 http://www.digitalempireonline.co.uk/default.asp?Detail=Yes&ModelID=568
    of course there are loads of models around and its well worth a demo of one in a shop even if u dont intend buying it there ;)

4. e_python

e_python

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

Has anyone used SCHT880W. Any good?

5. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You could also consider the Yamaha YSP-1... This is the next generation of speaker that behaves like a surround system (no wires!). Not for high-end audiophiles, but very impressive nonetheless.