Sound System for Epson TW480 720p Home Cinema Projector

LeeBoyd

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've ordered the above projector. I haven't receive it yet or owned one before. My assumption, right or wrong, is that the on board sound won't likely be very good.

This being the case I'm looking for some advice. I want to buy a set of speakers for it, but I have no idea what to buy.

I do know that I don't need anything in any way extravagant. Just the cheapest set of speakers that will do a decent job.

I'll be buying to Amazon as I have a discount, so if anyone wants to include any links that would be superb.

Thanks guys,

Lee

It's not just speakers you want you will need an amplifier too.Depending on what you want to do with the projector (watch movies/games/sky tv) and the equipment you want to use with it (dvd/bluray player/xbox/PS3/Sky hd box) means you may be better served with an a/v receiver.

Also do you only want stereo or 5.1 surround sound?

You can get an all in one box from the likes of Onkyo which do 2.1 and 5.1 systems from £200 and up or you could get some second hand kit off the classifieds.

Whichever way you go you need to set some sort of budget, you could get a very basic stereo amp and pair of speakers for £100 but a full 5.1 setup that you can plug all your other kit into starting at £200 would be more versatile.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onkyo-HT-X2...NHXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346749330&sr=8-1

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think he was talking about powered speakers, like those used with computers. Bad way to go if he is. Get yourself a proper AV amp with at least 5.1 surround sound.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom