Sound synchronisation

Bluecube

There is a very slight synchronisation delay on my Sagem HD45 so I'm going to feed the output from my DVD player into the TV and then back out to my amp. So far so good. However, I've also got an XBox which has a SPDIF output which I'd also like to feed through the TV. There is only one co ax input on the TV. So, my question is; can you get a splitter that allows a co ax and SPDIF output into one co ax input? If so where can I get it?

Any other suggestions/ remedies will be gratefully received.

TIA

jessmith

Standard Member
Hi there,

I'm having similar issues, I want to feed both my sky digital out and DVD coaxial out via SPDIF. To be honest I've had no good replies on this or cable forum. I think the only solution might be to feed all sources into the amp, then the amp out to the SPDIF, the SPDIF back to the amp, but I'd rather not invest in extra cables unless I know this will work. If I get a reply I'll contact you....can you do same

Snap

Standard Member
I don't think it will work with the amp in the way Jessmith described.
you will need plenty SPDIF ins and one out. and in/out should be always selected WITH the SPDIF in from source. impossible.

Bluecube

Right. Bear with me while I explain things. And I'd better say now that I don't know if this will work cause I don't have a remote for my Sagem to select the audio options yet! Tomorrow though....

ANyway, here goes. You need to two things -

1. An optical to digital co ax convertor
2. An optical splitter

Plug the two optical outputs (from, say, your DVD player and XBox) into the splitter. Plug an optical cable from the splitter into the convertor. Plug a co ax cable from the convertor into the Input of your TV and then finally a co ax from the Output of your TV into the amp.

There's no reason why this shouldn't work. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Snap

Standard Member
why don't you use simple coax splitter?

Dan-uk

Standard Member
Have you actually tried this with just the DVD player as I along with a number of people with the Original HD-D45 (not the new G4) cannot get this to work. When you hook the DVD to the TV and then the TV to the amp, sound gets to the TV cause the TV speakers work, but when you choose the AV5 option on the SPDIF menu to specify the video source to sync, the sound doesn't get to the amp. If you turn off the SPDIF sync and default back to the TV then the speakers work OK. Its for this reason I'm returning mine to John Lewis.

Regards

Dan

Bluecube

You can get coax splitters? *****. Too late now!

Dan-uk: no I didn't try it with just the DVD player but I wish I had. As you say, there doesn't seem to be any way to get this to work at all. I've tried just the basics and although a signal seems to be output form the TV, none of the speaker symbols on my amp light up and no sound comes out. However for some reason I don't have any synchronisation problems now either with the DVD player or the XBox! Wish this'd happened before I spent a blasted fortune on cables that are now useless to me! Ah well. Lesson learned. Still think this is a fab TV.

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom