Sound sync with the 37W5500

Robbom

Standard Member
I seem to have found another problem with my set up.

I recently bought the KDL37W5500 and had a few teething problems with the surround sound eventually settling on the DZ260 which is connected via HDMI and Digital Audio.

However, when i watch the TV and put the sound through the sound system it is not in sync. Is there any control for this on the TV aso that i can get in sync.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Rob

Robbom

Standard Member
Sorry, but has anyone got any ideas? it's driving me crazy and the wife is asking why did we buy it?

Rob

Da Philster

Hi if you turn up the tv speaker whilst the volume is low on the surround kit is there a delay between the two? If so check if the 260 has a lip sync adjuster in the set-up options. :)

Robbom

Standard Member
Thanks Phil,

There is a delay when both are on. I will check again but i am sure there isn't a setting on the 260 (i have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. And when you think about it how it is only producing the sound so 'it' won't know when the picture is being played.

i would think it would have to be a setting on the TV but i am buggered if i can find it.

Thanks once again.

Rob

Da Philster

Thanks Phil,

There is a delay when both are on. I will check again but i am sure there isn't a setting on the 260 (i have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. And when you think about it how it is only producing the sound so 'it' won't know when the picture is being played.

i would think it would have to be a setting on the TV but i am buggered if i can find it.

Thanks once again.

Rob

Hi again there is, i hope, a setting on the menu of the 260 which puts in distance of spkr from the listening position,this is known as delay so by reducing the distance in the set up menu (eg front right 6ft,rear left 2ft) you will decrease the delay from set to amp.

Also are you using sky or virgin as the hd(not sure on the others) versions have a lyp sinc adjuster in the display set up on the box and if so by pass the tv and send the optical cable from the digi box to the sony 260.

Hope that clears it up a bit.:)

Robbom

Standard Member
Hi again there is, i hope, a setting on the menu of the 260 which puts in distance of spkr from the listening position,this is known as delay so by reducing the distance in the set up menu (eg front right 6ft,rear left 2ft) you will decrease the delay from set to amp.

Also are you using sky or virgin as the hd(not sure on the others) versions have a lyp sinc adjuster in the display set up on the box and if so by pass the tv and send the optical cable from the digi box to the sony 260.

Hope that clears it up a bit.:)

Thanks for this,

The problem isn't from the HDD unit (i do have an digital coaxail anyway) but rather freeview through the TV. When i watch freeview through the HDD box there is no problem. But of course sometimes i am recording one thing and watching another.

However, i will look again as there must be some sort of sync system with it.

Thnks

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom