• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sound Sync - Two TV's

pt44

Standard Member
Hi - I have two TV's in my house. One in the living room, one in the kitchen on the wall. It's a pretty open plan house. Both are Sony 32" - about 9 years old. They work fine.

Last year I tried updating one TV to a Samsung. It had terrible sound and sound sync with the Sony in the kitchen - it went back the next day.

Today I bought a Samsung 40" 7000 series (UE40JU7000). Same issue. I've tried adjusting the sound delay on both sets - but cannot get a perfect point where both sets have the same sound timing. So there's always an echo between the two. If one of the volumes is too high up - you can hear it really badly. Even walking between the two rooms gives a very strange effect.

Is this simply because of the make of the TV being different? One has a longer HDMI lead (the kitchen) is that making a difference? It's a nightmare. I really don't want to upgrade both TV's. The old TV's have great sound - no sound bar needed or anything. The new one (the Sammy) has weak sound and will need a Soundbar - but no point buying a Sonos Playbar - if the sound is always echoing with the old Sony in the kitchen - that would be a nightmare.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

mike7

Distinguished Member
It happens. Listen to the sound in some tv shops. Not much you can do about it. Buying 2 identical models might help. The length of the HDMI lead is irrelevant.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom