1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Splitter?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Drew C, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can anybody let me know where i could buy a device which would let me run 3 pairs of speakers from 1 hi-fi all at once? It may sound strange, but i run a pub, and im wanting the same music in three different rooms.:smashin:

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think your amplifier would struggle to power three pairs of speakers all at the same time, unless it's a seriously powerful amplifier.

3. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    One solution, and it might even be the most cost effective, would be to have three amplifiers. One would be the master with the other two fed via the tape record outputs. (Either both from the master or looped through. Advantages: separate volume control for each room, ditto tone controls. If you want a master volume control, that's a bit trickier and would depend on what facilities the master amp has.

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can buy PA type amps, pretty cheap and should do the job, and have more than 2 channels. Musical instrument/DJ shops sell them.

You don't exactly need a Mark Levinson!

5. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    On ebay you see quite a few Nad 906/916 Amps which are 6 channels amps so just get splitter cables along with one of these.

They got for around £100ish for the 906 and £150ish for the 916 and there doesn't appear to be much difference between em.

Cheers

Steff

6. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think some of the Rotel power amps let you drive multiple stereo pairs from one input signal.

Yep, found it.

Take a look at this, the Rotel RMB 1066 6 channel power amp.

Of course this might be more expensive than some of the other suggestions, but it wouldn't half simplify the connections.