• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

sound quiet on freeview

andrewq

Standard Member
i have an Alba STBX3 freeview box on which i have noticed that the sound is on the quiet side. When i flick between the analogue tuner and freeview with the AV button on the telly remote i notice a significant difference.
So my question is, is this because i've got a Cheapo freeview box or is all digital TV weak on the audio?

bxd

Hi,

I wouldn't worry about it.

The sound level is really down to the output voltage on your Freeview box rather than anything to do with the incoming signal. There should be a 'menu' control on the Freeview box which will allow you to change the 'volume' to some extent. I have that on my Pioneer box, although the maximum output level through the analog (stereo) connectors could be a little higher.

brian

sdc395

Standard Member
It is also possible that your TV will allow you to adjust the sound level of incoming audio signals. I know mine does. So, if you box is at 'full volume' and it's still quiet compared to analogue, your TV may be able to boost it some more.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Your Freeview box probably has a volume control on it. If it has, try turning it up.....

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom