1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound quiet on freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by andrewq, Feb 16, 2005.

1. andrewq

andrewq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have an Alba STBX3 freeview box on which i have noticed that the sound is on the quiet side. When i flick between the analogue tuner and freeview with the AV button on the telly remote i notice a significant difference.
    So my question is, is this because i've got a Cheapo freeview box or is all digital TV weak on the audio?

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I wouldn't worry about it.

The sound level is really down to the output voltage on your Freeview box rather than anything to do with the incoming signal. There should be a 'menu' control on the Freeview box which will allow you to change the 'volume' to some extent. I have that on my Pioneer box, although the maximum output level through the analog (stereo) connectors could be a little higher.

brian

3. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is also possible that your TV will allow you to adjust the sound level of incoming audio signals. I know mine does. So, if you box is at 'full volume' and it's still quiet compared to analogue, your TV may be able to boost it some more.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Your Freeview box probably has a volume control on it. If it has, try turning it up.....