• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sound question ?

snow-munki

Hi,

As i only have one toslink cable what should i do ?

1.)connect the 360 digital output direct to my amp ?

2.) connect 360 via component with the sound and then connect my TV toslink to my amp ( therefore getting sound of TV to my amp aswell )

3.) buy another toslink cable :(

prefer option 2 if possible if you understand.

Thanks

Northerner76

If yoy want 5.1 sound you need to do option 1. Option 2 will only be stereo (assuming you mean to connect the red and ****e audio jacks to your TV and then feed from TV to AMP via optical TOS Link)

Mind you... why dont you just connect your TV to the AMP via a pair of stereo interconnects.... after all your AMP will only be creating a pseudo surround signal (e.g. Dolby Pro Logic 2 or Neo) from the TV's TOSLink connection anyway... which it can do just aswell from stereo interconnects.

TOSLinks cost peanuts so just buy another...

snow-munki said:
Hi,

As i only have one toslink cable what should i do ?

1.)connect the 360 digital output direct to my amp ?

2.) connect 360 via component with the sound and then connect my TV toslink to my amp ( therefore getting sound of TV to my amp aswell )

3.) buy another toslink cable :(

prefer option 2 if possible if you understand.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom