Answered Sound quality of receiver - and bluetooth

Nasser

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an old HK11 system, with AVR3500 receiver. Does anyone know if I change the receiver to a newer model, it can or cannot improve the sound quality? I am currently using optical cable.

Also is it better to have a receiver with integrated bluetooth, or BTA10 equally does the job?

Thanks,
Nasser

You cannot access HD sound with optical cable. There is a difference between SD Dolby Digital and Dolby TrueHD, same with DTS and DTS HD Master Audio for which you would need to use HDMI. You'll have to elaborate on the HK11 and give some more information on your room etc. I'm the last one that could give an answer to Bluetooth though.

Hi Gibbsy,

Thanks for your explanation, which makes sense. I thought there must be something wrong, as everyone speaks well on HK11 speaker, but I can't get a decent quality from it. Perhaps a good review is written here:
Harman Kardon HKTS 11

The room is ca 4x5m.

Thanks,
Nasser

The Denon should do a good job of driving the speakers, although the Denon could indeed benefit from better quality kit. HD audio can only come from the source, usually this will be a blu ray player or some of the more up to date streaming services.

Have you run Audyssey? This could make all the difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom