1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound proofing floor

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by akcronson, Jul 30, 2004.

1. akcronson

akcronson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Hi everyone, i am going to set up a buget AV system in spare bedroom. mission speakers with sub, prob is the main room is below the bedroom so what would be the best way to soundproof the floor to reduce the effect of the sound and the downward firing sub, things to build to put the sub on etc, prob is on a very tight budget a couple of hundred pounds only, Any help would be welcome. Thx Akky.... :thumbsup:

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I built a relatively cheap isolation platform for my sub that works well and looks good :) Its basically a sandwich of materials; the base layer is a acoustic/thermal insulation tile (available in packs from most DIY stores) followed by a 15mm sheet of MDF, on top of this another tile and finally a large concrete slab. This is all upholstered in an off cut of the same black carpet used in my AV room :D If it can tame a SVS PB2+, I'm sure you can sort out something similar to control a Mission :thumbsup:

3. akcronson

akcronson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Thx for that idea Thunder will give it a try :clap:

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: