1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound proof housing

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yatesd2404, Sep 4, 2003.

1. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Am thinking about trying to produce some form of sound proof box to house my PJ in and wondered if anyone had any advice.

Having recently silenced my PC via a mixture of fan replacements and a funky padded case, I got to thinking about whether I could do the same for my PJ.

I have a Sharp Xv-91E but it is not practical at the minute to mount on the ceiling so I use it from my coffee table.

Now I was thinking that as it uses a scoop through fan mechanism from the front only, would it be possible to produce an encased box with the same form of PC padding. Would then need an open front and a whole out the back for cables.

Anyone got any thoughts?? Anyone know whether there is something like this available somewhere already??

Thanks,

Dave.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, it's possible.

Known as a "hush box". Try a search. Probably more info across the pond at avs though - don't think many here have done this TBH.

:smoke:

3. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kramer,

Thanks for the reply, have read a few things about Hush Boxes on here and has been some useful info. Seems like álot of people have talked about it, not so many have completed it which gets me worried.

When you say try avs, sorry where do you mean??

Thanks,

Dave.

4. paulpaterson

paulpaterson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: