1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Problems with DTS on Terminator2?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by karlos, Mar 24, 2001.

1. karlos

karlos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else having problems with the DTS soundtrack on T2? The movie plays fine until about the last 30 mins or so when the sound keeps dropping off without reason for a fraction of a second which is a bit annoying. I have a multiregion Sony 335 DVD hooked up to a Yamaha amp. Any ideas anyone?

2. steve tyler

steve tyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    i`m running an yam too and a sony 7700 and iv`e got to say that it works perfectly.try cleaning disc,if this dosen`t work you may have a faulty disc.

3. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Terminator 2 uses seamless branching (well almost seamless). Some players experience problems with it. As DTS is higher bitrate, any drop in reading will make the sound cut out.

It does the same on my Pioneer 626D. However my Toshiba 100E is not affected. Some players that have better lasers and are quicker for layer changes do not experience this problem on brancing discs.

Unfortunetly your stuck with the problem on your current player. Whenever i watch T2 i watch it in DD 5.1 :-(

4. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I have a Tosh 100 and T2 (in DTS, extended version) skipped 3 or 4 times during the whole film.