1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Problems Through Sky

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Swordfish, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Swordfish

Swordfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
    Hi all hope you can help, it's my first post :clap:

I have Mission M30 Surround Sound speakers, running through a Dennon AVR 1804 amp. Sound from DVD's and Terrestial broadcasts is fantastic but i can hear odd sounds when viewing through Sky. I can only describe the sound as a sort of Squelching and is only noticeable when you put your ear close to the FR FL SR SL speakers, centre speaker is fine.

The sound is mainly noticeable when dialogue is produced, i.e. a newsreader taking. I have a the phono leads running from my TV (Panasonic TX32PD30) to the amp's TV/DBS socket. I tried running them from the sky box's left and right audio out's to the amp but it made no difference. All my interconnects are high quality IXOS and the speaker cables are QED Silver Anniversary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Owen

2. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you search through the Sky/digibox forum you'll find this has been mentioned a few times. Its something to do with the way Sky transmits sound disagreeing with the phase discrimination used for Dolby Pro-Logic. Or something along those lines anyway. Totally normal, we all get it though few notice it.

3. Swordfish

Swordfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
    Thanks davej