Sound Problem

A

Alvar Mayor

Hi Everyone, please there is somebody that can help me? My problem is concerning the sound. MY system is:
Projet 1 Turntable
Meridian E506 Cd player
Marantz PM7200 Amp
Kef iQ5 Speakers
Van Den Hul intercon
Van Den Hul Cable Speakers
Tacima A/V mains interference

Ok, it is not the best system, but there is some way to improve the sound expecially in the mid-range. The system seem to miss a kick, the sound seem too compressed and not wide, too soft, I do not know if some people there can understand what I am trying to say. If I avoid the Tacima, the sound seems to improve by 10%. Some suggestion?

Mians conditioners can in some cases flatten the sound a bit,although the other benefits may outweight this.

In other respects,there is little wrong with your system,but I can understand what you're getting at.....the Marantz amp has a generally relaxed sound,and coupled with the interconnects and cables,may be one area worth looking at,the other being the speakers.

The problem comes down to changing parts of the system by auditioning alternatives,until you find something that you like in terms of sound quality.
I would start by trying a few different sets of speakers,but a cheaper alternative would be to try some different interconnects and cables,which a decent dealer should be willing to let you try.

I had the same problem with a Mains filter. Stopped using it and am much happier with the sound.

I would also suggest auditioning some new speakers. Something from MA may be more up your street (try the BR5's). The slightly up front presentation may work better with your amp & suit your tastes.

Hi Everyone, please there is somebody that can help me? My problem is concerning the sound. MY system is:
Projet 1 Turntable
Meridian E506 Cd player
Marantz PM7200 Amp
Kef iQ5 Speakers
Van Den Hul intercon
Van Den Hul Cable Speakers
Tacima A/V mains interference

Ok, it is not the best system, but there is some way to improve the sound expecially in the mid-range. The system seem to miss a kick, the sound seem too compressed and not wide, too soft, I do not know if some people there can understand what I am trying to say. If I avoid the Tacima, the sound seems to improve by 10%. Some suggestion?
Are your KEFs BI WIRED? Try running single if so.This improved the sound of mine.

No, my Kef are not bi-wi, but thanks to everyone, I was thinking to replace the Meridian with a Marantz because maybe they can understand each other, but the suggestion of the speakers may works better. The first time I heard the Kef, was in an hi-fi shop working under a Premiere amp. Sound was good and the dealer said that the Kef are a kind of speakers that could works with any amp. Never again trust a dealer. Anyway, any suggestion for a speakers?

Thanks a lot guys

No, my Kef are not bi-wi, but thanks to everyone, I was thinking to replace the Meridian with a Marantz because maybe they can understand each other, but the suggestion of the speakers may works better. The first time I heard the Kef, was in an hi-fi shop working under a Premiere amp. Sound was good and the dealer said that the Kef are a kind of speakers that could works with any amp. Never again trust a dealer. Anyway, any suggestion for a speakers?

Thanks a lot guys

The KEFs are highly regarded speakers, and do work well with your amp. However, the match may not be to your tastes. Not necessarily your dealers fault. It's why it's so important to try and audition the kit together to make sure you like the sound.

I'd have a listen to the BR5's if I were you, they do sound a little more alive.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom