sound problem with pace digibox only on TV out scart

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by ronancoll, Aug 11, 2003.

1. ronancoll

ronancoll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using this box for around 18 months with very little problems, but, in the past few days the sound quality has taken a turn for the worse, It sound 'crackly' and very distorted, but only when i listen to it from the tv scart out (no problem with the video out scart sound - same cables (QED squart) and same scart socket on my TV(sony KV36) the phono pre-outs are also fine when fed through my amp (arcam A85).
    Why should this be, is my TV out scart on the digi box faulty- the picture is perfect?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,075
    Defective cable? Defective socket (on the TV or the box)? Try a process of elimination to narrow down the problem - swap cables about - try the VCR cable from the STB TV out to the TV; try the TV cable from the STB TV out to the VCR - see where (if) the problem persists....

3. ronancoll

ronancoll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tried all that:

Different scarts from VCR-OUT on digi box to all the av inputs on TV work fine different scarts from TV-OUT on digi-box in all av inputs on TV dont work fine. The problem appears to be a problem with the TV out on the digi-box (which is of course the RGB output- damm) the one i would like to use.
    Is it really odd that one scart can have perfect sound but the other has a fault?

To put another spanner in the works. When the audio is sent the the tv via the 'faulty' scart (TV-OUT) and the audio signal is then sent to my amp via the phono out on the back of the TV the sound is fine.....very strange??

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turn the volume down in the Digibox menu. Seems to be overloading the audio section of your TV set.

Fman