1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound problem on new system???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by leagro, Feb 20, 2005.

1. leagro

leagro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently purchased a Philips LX7500 system & having been testing out the sound quality from several sources, I'm wondering if there is a problem, or if I'm just being too picky!

When listeneing to Sky through the system (not optical channels, i.e. movies), if it uses the standard stereo effect (just the front speakers), everyhting is ok. If i then change the effect to use the rear\centre speakesrs, the sound coming through the rear speakers is slightly distorted.

For example, if someone is speaking, it comes through the rears as a low squeel, there is no clear voice clarity.

Similarly on some dvd's which aren't in dolby digital, if a surround effect is on, the clarity of sound isn't 100% through the rears.

DVD's in dolby digital\music cd's are ok when a surround effect is used.

Is this expected, playing a source using the surround sound that is supposed to played in stereo sound (i.e. just the front speakers)???

Or have i just bought a rubbish system???

2. Car man sleeps

Car man sleeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I just saw this.

I've just connected up all the speakers for my LX7500 and only the front 2 seem to play any sound at all! (in test mode they all sound fine)

Did you ever sort your problem out ? (Different from mine)

Has anyone else figured out how to get this system to actually play surround sound from all its speakers?????

Car man