1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound output from Panasonic NVGS11?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Zedd, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Zedd

Zedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help...

I have a Panasonic NVGS11 with which I recorded our Summer holiday. I'd like to playback the video from the camcorder straight into the TV. I bought an S-video cable and connected camera to TV (so far so good), unfortunately I got only picture through the TV and tinny sound from the camera's internal speaker.

Is it possible to get sound from the TV too, or do I have to try and send 90 mins of video to a PC and burn it to a disk?

Thanks in anticipation

Zedd

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    s-video cables do not carry sound - only pictures - you need to also connect the red and white sound phonos leads from your camcorder to your TV .

3. Zedd

Zedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Beejaycee,

I was just about to reply and say that the camera didn't have any phono outputs, but I decided to scrutinise it just once more. Lo and behold I found a 'secret' panel on the front of the camera which his a 3.5mm a/v output! Yay!

Time to re-visit our Swiss holiday I think...

Thanks again,

Zedd