Sound options?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Shaunio, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Shaunio

Shaunio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Hi guys, any chance you can help me out with this?

I just got myself a PS3, and am loving it so far, but am a bit confused with setting up my sound options :(

Here is what I set up and what I want......

I have my optical output going into my surround sound headphones for DD5.1 and DTS and the like.

I have the Red & White phono leads from the component cable going to the Red & White phono inputs on my JBL Creature speakers.

Ideally what I want is the sound to go out of all the inputs so that when I don't want to use the speakers and use the headphones, I just turn off the speakers and tuen on the headphones.
    Now it doesn't seem to me that it's that easy, it looks like when I want to change I will have to go to the sound options on my PS3 and change it over - is that right?

It's not a big deal really, I just don't want to be missing out on an easier option :D

Also, the sound isn't very good when coming through the JBL's. They are two small satellite speakers and a subwoofer, but the sound coming out of the PS3 seems to only use the satellites for some reason and because of that it sounds all crap and tinny - anyone know why that is?

Thanks for any help!!! :smashin:

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    You can only have one sound output active at a time. Unfortunately you will need to go into the sound option menus and change it every time.

Regards the creature speakers I'm not sure what's going on. i have the same speakers but i only use them with my PC. The main connection whould be the cable from the subwoofer if I remember correctly. That should connect to the two phonos from the PS3 AV cable using a Y adapter. I don't see any reason for the subwoofer not being active and not working to be honest.