Sound on TV sounds like the speakers have blown. But they have not.

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by jimmy93211, Aug 16, 2006.

1. jimmy93211

jimmy93211

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey so having a problem.
    The sound through my MCE when using the TV is bad.
    I have sky coming through my s-video set up normaly and it was working great. Then a couple of days ago the sound is terrible, like something has blown! It is really loud and really horrible. I have reinstalled my drivers and tried to do a system restore but I can't I think I deleted my temp files.
    I think my brother has installed something to get a webcame working as when I look in control panel it has an icon "AC3 Filter" but when you click on it, it comes up with an error.

I am having loads of trouble as it is almost unlistenable.

Oh EDIT
    It is also like this when using Tv through a media extender. No other sound is like this just the TV

2. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    I have had the audio decoding in MCE hijacked by AC3 Filter. It should suffice to fix it to e-install your MPEG2/DVD decoder (Nvidia, WinDVD or PowerDVD).

If you want to confirm the problem before fixing it then use Graphedit & use Connect to Remote Graph to confirm which Direct Show filters are in use when you are watching TV in MCE.

3. jimmy93211

jimmy93211

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey
    I installed nvida purevideo but it did not do anything. I used the program that you said about but I don't understand it.
    It lists mpeg audi decoder seperate to the mpeg decoder is that right. Also I thought it was a start up program so I closed "windows audio" and it worked but then the computer would not see the sound card.
    Sorry to be a pain in the arse.
    Here is a picture of the graph
    [​IMG]