sound on sky + playback in dolby digital

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ifrank castle, Mar 8, 2006.

1. ifrank castle

ifrank castle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    evening fellas!

let me tell you a story, probably told before, if it has i apologise now for clogging up the boards......anyways...

i had sky + installed a couple of weeks ago, and thought i'd record a number of films i'd never watched. when i came to play these films, when in dolby digital the sound kicks out for a split second on my amp, the result is silence for that split second then the sound kicks back in. one of these films, hellboy, kicked the sound out every, and this is no lie, every 3 minutes, annoying as hell, boy! i know, poor attempt at a joke.

anyways, call sky who sent one of their uber techicians, who had a look at it (and listened), and just said the software is extremely complex, these things happen. he did admit the sound should only kick out once in every 10 films. needless to say he change the box over.

now, this new box, i've recorded a few films in dolby digital, and now its not as bad, but it does still kick the sound out once a film. heres my question to you knowledgable peeps, do i ring sky and ask them for another box?or do i stick with what i got and be thankful that i have no other faults to worry about??

i find this very wierd though as, when watching (live) films the sound has never kick out once, but playing back a recorded film in dolby digital, the sound kicks out now at least once a film! :mad:

any help will be appriciated!

2. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    Your not the only 1 in happenes to, i've know a few people who have had the problem. Mine does it every so often but only usually once.