Quantcast

sound on bt vision bassy

mike7

In spite of the BT hype it's just a Freeview box with an internet connection for 'on line' services. I've never come across a Freeview box which had any 'tone' controls. Some TVs allow for you to set individual sound setting for each input. My Sony will permit that. In which case simply alter the setting on your TV for less Bass for the appropriate HDMI or SCART input.

pdoherty76

In spite of the BT hype it's just a Freeview box with an internet connection for 'on line' services. I've never come across a Freeview box which had any 'tone' controls. Some TVs allow for you to set individual sound setting for each input. My Sony will permit that. In which case simply alter the setting on your TV for less Bass for the appropriate HDMI or SCART input.
What BT hype is this?

mike7

What BT hype is this?
I had a BT salesman ring me and painted a picture of a device that, he said, at least matched VirginMedia and Sky services. Quoted fast broadband speeds which I know are not available in my area. All the BT Vision services are very dependant on a good, and consistant, broadband speed. In many parts of the Country this is still not achievable. I suspect a number of people who fall into the BT Vision trap, with heavy discounts available for 3 months, wonder what they have got themselves into. For day to day broadcast TV it's simply a SD Freeview service with PVR capability. Watching downloaded 'on-line' stuff can be very patchy. I sat through watching a movie, The Kings Speech, at a friends house and was not impressed by the constant breaks in the picture.

Last edited: