Sound on all inputs suddenly stopped on Onyko NR 579 Amp

burnrubber

Please can anyone help, I have a Onyko NR 579 Amp connected to Sky Q via Optical to optical 2 (TV/VCR) and then Firestick 4K to HDMI on BD/DVD input yesterday including Tuner function I have no sound coming from any input.

Any help greatly appreciated Thanks, I have reset amp and also replaced cables to Sky Q (optical) still nothing from Sky Q/Tuner/Firestick 4K

dobrykamil

Hi

DSP (sound processor, very well known issue) isn't booting up due to either corrupted firmware or dry joints underneath dsp chip. I even stopped counting Onkyo avr's I've fixed with this kind of issue.

evert

Is there a permanent fix? I've heated my chip two times, but only get sound for a short period of time before it stops again...

dobrykamil

Yes, but dsp chip needs a proper reballing job.

dobrykamil

Search on youtube "bga reballing" because, this is what need to be done in the first place. Thing is, sometimes firmware for DSP could also get corrupted. Think of it like a PC with completely wiped hard drive. If that's the case, then memory chip need to be removed from hdmi board and reprogrammed with working firmware. This sounds like a complex fix, but with the right tools it could be done in less then an 1 hour.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom