Sound of music dvd cuts down in high volume parts

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by avfr3ak, Jan 20, 2008.

1. avfr3ak

avfr3ak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have a music dvd that behaves stangely. Without the center speaker installed the sound volume cuts down in some parts as if the amp couldn´t handle the high volumes. With any center speaker installed the sound is just fine. This happens only with this one dvd. For aesthetic reasons I´d like to have a "phantom" center speaker set-up but because of this I have to keep the center speaker. It doesn´t help if I set center "none" in the amp.

Does the problem originate to the way the dvd was mixed?

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    First off out of ALL the speakers you own in your setup the KEY speaker is the Centre speaker, in 5.1 it tends to do most of the work so it would be a massive mistake to get rid of it.
    As for volume changes do look at your DVD player settings/or AV amp as they often have Dynamic control of the volume set, you need to switch this off for music.

DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR CENTRE SPEAKER

3. avfr3ak

avfr3ak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The importance of the center channel has been discussed elsewhere in great depth so I won´t get into it here.

I tried both dynamic on and dymamic off on the player with no help. No such setting in the amp.