Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Amazon has nabbed Riz Ahmed's hearing-loss dramaSound of Metal’ after TIFF rave reviews, amazon is reportedly planning a theatrical release for the film

ironic
Ahmed plays a heavy metal drummer who must cope with a vastly different reality as he suddenly loses his hearing. The movie premiered at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival to rave reviews, with IndieWire’s Eric Kohn praising Ahmed’s performance as Ruben and writing that Marder’s narrative directorial debut featured “the best use of sound design in recent memory.”

Could be A Quiet Place shared universe :rolleyes:

co stars Olivia Cooke

Directed by Darius Marder (Loot) and writer of -The Place Beyond the Pines)

No trailers available at this time.

It's Riz, not Aguero :laugh:

riz-e1568321490157.jpg

Last edited:

Drax1

Distinguished Member
The latest issue of Empire has this dated as a cinema release for 11th December, and no mention of streaming. Really looking forward to this, so does anyone have any news on the 4th December Prime date? Is the just the US?

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
The latest issue of Empire has this dated as a cinema release for 11th December, and no mention of streaming. Really looking forward to this, so does anyone have any news on the 4th December Prime date? Is the just the US?

I'll watch it on Prime U.S, than waiting till end of January at uk cinemas, no guarantee they will be open, its not a big screen film for me, though i do have projector option at home,

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Really solid, not quite FOTY material but I did appreciate the performances from Riz Ahmed and Paul Raci, and the sound design was extraordinary. Some very sad moments especially
the look of shattered disappointment on Ruben's face when he realises his implants weren't exactly what he hoped. Also the moment when he realised it was over with Lou.
. 7.5/10 from me.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Yes, bittersweet when he realised the world is more peaceful for him without the implants

It was horrendous the sounds he was hearing after the operation 😢

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Absolutely loved it. Superb and an easy 10/10 for me. Would love it on UHD

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom