Sound: left channel dead!?

P

phasmax

Hey Folks,

Has anybody else ever encountered the issue/problem when their left-channel (or right-channel) of your soundcard just goes permanently mute? (I'm referring to analog out now - not digital). Since about a day ago, I had no problems, but then suddenly the left-channel of my soundcard just went dead - no sound comes out of it (mp3, wav, etc)

I have an ABIT motherboard NFS-7(soundstorm) - AMD athlon XP 2600, Windows XP professional SP2.

I've already switched speakers so I know they work, and uninstalled and reinstalled the nForce unified drivers (and audio drivers) to see if that'll solve the problem - no luck!

Apart from installing a new USB-UIRT, I haven't done anything to my HTPC for at least a month, so I don't know what caused this.

In my mind, it's 1 of 3 problems:
1.) Driver screwup - reinstall Drivers (done that, no luck)
2.) Some weird corruption in XP - reinstall (urgh!!)
3.) The physical jack at the back of the motherboard is damaged - ie I'm screwed.

I'm hoping it's a driver-issue or something with XP. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Thank you!
Phasmax

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom