1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound leakage through door problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by rags, Dec 12, 2004.

1. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Guys I need some advice on this - my HC is in a room which has pretty thick walls which offer pretty good sound proofing. However the door to the HC room although made of thick solid wood is cut a couple of centimetres off the floor leading to a lot of sound going out into the hallway. I think the previous owners had the door cut as they were using a pretty thick carpet - I had it removed and renovated the original hardwood floor that had been hidden away for the best part of 30 years but this has given me the gap headache ! I cant change the door as to find another matching one like it would be nigh on impossible.

I know the simple thing to do would be to get a draft excluder but surely there must be a better solution ? Any recomendations / advice would be appreciated.

2. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
  4. gaz

gaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also glue and screw a peice of timber to the bottom of the door as an extension block

5. moviemike

moviemike
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for asking the question, I've got exactly the same problem in my cellar... had thovk carpets down when I moved in which were scaped in favour of wooden flooring, leaving a 2 inch gap between the floor and original door which I don't want to replace.

The rp31 and rp82 do look good... May have to think about those in the new year - the rest of the household and neighbours can suffer hor now :D