Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sound Lag

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rosemanbridge, Nov 19, 2003.

1. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have my Pioneer DBR-TF100 Freeview box connected to my Meridian 568 processor via the optical output. However, by the time the audio gets to the speakers there is a time lag of approx 1/2 second. Very annoying. Any ideas on how to rectify this??

2. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Good old lip-sync problems. You will see a fair bit of this on Freeview, some channels are better than others though.

What you will need is a processor (receiver) that has the audio delay feature. This can generally be applied independantly to each input source. I'm not sure if the Meridian has this feature, but the mid/high range Denon's do for sure.

Not many other A/V receivers do at the moment, but with the huge interest in Plasma/LCD screens (and the inherant lip-sync problems they bring with there display processing), audio delay will be commonplace within 12 months.

3. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The 568 does have lip- synch, but it only delays it in 1/2 second intervals. What I need is to speed it up! It is OK on some channels like you say. I take it there's nowt I can do about it then?