• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sound keeps muting on LG 37LG6000

Audio77

Standard Member
Hello, I purchased an 37LG6000 TV in Dec 08, serial no: 809MATW8Q409, software version V03.28.00.

I began to notice that the sound would mute intermittently after about 8 hours of viewing. Most of the time if would do it 1-2 times in an evening, sometimes it doesn't mute for about 10 days, but then it will mute 4-6 times in the same evening.

If I turn off/on my Sky+ box the sound returns.
If I turn off/on the TV while watching Sky the sound returns but defaults to a Freeview. I don't watch much Freeview, not noticed it mute.
If I turn Clear Voice off/on the sound returns.
If I turn Auto Volume on/off the sound returns.

I have replaced the SCART lead and tried the different sound settings to no avail.

I don't think the problem is my Sky+ box and SCART control is set to on.

Thanks for your help.

kiyomitsu79

Established Member
I have the exact same problem on my 32LG7000. The sound will go whilst I'm watching sky. An engineer is supposed to be coming this week to update the firmware. Looks like the 6000 series has the same software bugs :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom