Sound issues with setup.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Aryxx, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Aryxx

Aryxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently purchased a Pioneer vsx-c502 and a pair of Gale 3010s for surround sound to add to my Mission 701 front speakers and Gale 3070 sub from my older system.

The prolem is that I can't seem to get the settings right on the Pioneer to make the sound (for want of a better word) 'integrate' well. The sub just seems to be doing too much work since the lowest crossover setting is 100hz. I've always been mostly happy with the sound from my Missions with a regular amp except for the lowest bass (hence why I bought the Gale sub), but they just don't sound right with the Pioneer and it's limited crossover settings.
    Now that I've got the Gale 3010s as rears it's only highlighted the lack of integration further.

Sorry for the long post but I could really do with some advice. I've got this stuff from RicherSounds on 14day trial so I could always exchange it if I can't get the settings right.

Please help a frustrated av'er.