Sound issues with Marantz Amp / B&W speakers

leeb1977

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wonder if anyone could give me any advice on where to start?

I’ve just purchased a Marantz PM6007, and a pair of B&W 607 speakers.

I’ve connected my TV to it, via the optical out, and currently listening to music, however every ten mins or so, the sound drops out for a split second, I’ve rewound it, and it’s not the recording.

Any thought / ideas on where to start to work out what’s wrong?

thanks!

lee

Hmm...

More searching has led me to believe this a known issue with Sky Q boxes! I’d previously been contracted to a Sonos Soundbar, with no issue, but have found several threads with people complaining that the sound drops intermittently when playing through an amp set-up... 🤦

Do you have your TV and SkyQ set to output PCM? I have SkyQ connected by HDMI to my AV amp and have never suffered audio drop outs such as your are describing. I have seen the complaints on various threads about the issue though, so something is certainly wrong.

In case it's useful, I've found some DACs (e.g. Arcam irDAC) to lose the digital signal for a moment, so the DAC in your Marantz is another possibility.

If you're able to, try to isolate the problem by trying a different source, a different TV, different amp, etc.

Matt

Sometimes TVs switch frequencies for reasons known only to themselves and the almost certainly dirt cheap chips.

You could try filter 2. It seems to use less processing (I think) so it might help.

The only other, unlikely, thing I can think of is to make sure you’re using a decent optical cable in the sense that the connections are as tight as possible.

If your listening to music over wifi try Ethernet cable. :)

If you want to try another source for music some tv's have streaming apps.

I like the Apple tv device for tidal music videos and the such.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom